My 2022 backlog
There were a few things from 2021 that I (ashamedly) did not find time for. These were:
- Get certified as an Azure Associate Developer
- Build my little brothers portfolio website
- Create a fictional website (real-estate investment) to showcase to a potential client
After joining Redkite in October 2021, the Directors and I also talked about my career development to fit an Enterprise Architect role. My 2022 development plan for work looks something like this:
- Strengthen my understanding of the fundamentals:
- Network architecture
- Databases and data storage technologies
- ETL/ELT & data transformation technologies
- Messaging technologies
- Data Security
- Get certified in:
- Azure Expert Architect
- Support the architecture team with client work and Business Development
Additionally, there's a few personal projects still on my hit list:
- A personal portfolio tracker and alert application (Trading212 + FreeTrade + Coinbase Pro)
- A fictional E-commerce website for retailers to buy Microgreens (potential side hustle idea 😃)
Agile for One
I've been a massive fan of Trello. However, this year I wanted to upgrade my productivity game, so I got myself a whiteboard and a multi-pack of colourful post-it notes.
add image here!
Having my tasks listed nearby helps me to regularly plan what I want to achieve that day and over the course of the next week. It also serves as a useful reminder to reflect and evaluate whether a particular course of action is aiding my longer term goals.
In terms of my personal execution of agile, I prefer to set myself 1 week sprints - this allows me enough flexibility to balance my projects with work and social time. Sprint planning is also easier, as I know once I commit to a particular user story, I'm in a race against myself to meet the week deadline.
Note: We have a segment on "Agile for One" you can find here (create article and add link)- where we provide guidance how to execute agile successfully for managing your personal projects or start-up ideas.
Without further ado, here are my 2022 objectives (first 6 months), re-ordered by priority:
- Complete the Analysts Journal website
- Build my little brother's website (and deploy)
- Build the fictional real-estate investment company website (local only)
- Complete the Azure Developer Certification
- Complete the Azure Data Engineer Certification
- Create a personal portfolio tracker + price alert application (for my equities and Bitcoin)
- Create notes on Architecture Fundamentals
- Complete the Azure Architect Certification
- Complete the TOGAF Certification
As you can see, 2022 is going to be a very study-heavy year. I will be very happy if I can complete this without distractions!
I have my personal Kanban board replicated on Trello here. It lists my active tasks to help me achieve the above! (add link to Trello Board)